Botanical World Adventures is home to World Botanical Gardens, Maze and Waterfalls in Hakalau on the Hamakua Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Botanical World Adventures
also includes Zip Isle Zip Line and Segway Off Road Adventure Tours.
Situated on Highway 19 just 16 miles north of Hilo, the gardens nestle between the slopes of Mauna Kea and the Pacific Ocean.
Come and have a true Hawaiian eco-adventure and enjoy the wonder of nature at the home of peace and beauty.
- Soak in our spectacular 360-degree vistas including the Mauna Kea volcano, sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean and the pastoral settings of an adjoining paniola-style cattle ranch.
- View the spectacular pristine Kamae'e Falls waterfall cascading nearly a hundred feet through a beautiful tropical rainforest.
- Zip above and through the rainforest canopy on our ultra-safe but exciting zip line.
- Ride through the gardens and rainforest on a Segway.
- See, smell, touch and photograph thousands of exotic plants from around the world in our acres of botanical gardens.
- Take a leisurely stroll on a wide, paved walkway shaded by towering rainforest trees draped with the pendulous stems and roots of tropical vines on our Rainforest Trail.
- Enjoy a quiet and peaceful hike along our nature trails winding through the rainforest and alongside the tumbling Hanapueo Stream and its waterfalls.
- Be amazed at hundreds of wild orchids festooning our trees and clinging to our 80-meter-long Orchid Wall in the Rainbow Walk.
- Learn about exotic tropical food plants such as mango, guava, papaya, pineapple, banana, breadfruit, coffee and many, many more on our horticultural tours and taste the ripe fruits from our Arboretum.
- Wander through our Children's Maze, the world's second-largest herbaceous maze, fun for old and young alike.
- Stay at our Vacation Rental in the Gardens or if you want to marry, do it here and stay at The Garden Home.
Botanical World Adventures
Gardens, Waterfalls & Maze
Mile Marker 16 on Highway 19
31-240 Old Mamalahoa Highway
Hakalau, Hawaii 96710
Reservations for Adventures
Toll Free: 888-947-4753
Open daily - 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM